Meet Mercedes Gonzalez, the creator of Style It with Trix, a fashion and lifestyle blog. In addition to being a full-time blogger, Mercedes is a Fashion Business Management student at the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) in New York City. Mercedes launched her blog in late March of 2016. What began as a simple (and adorable) post of Trixie, her teacup Chihuahua, with Mercedes in matching outfits evolved into a full-time commitment and an exhilarating experience. For years, Mercedes enjoyed styling herself and Trixie, but never thought to sync both of their styles together. Creating a blog that merged her obsession with fashion and love of dogs into one outlet followed naturally. "I don’t have one distinct, everyday style, but instead, I prefer to allow my style to constantly change, mirroring a world of fashion which is always in flux." Shop Merecedes’ current top picks below. For even more style inspiration, follow Mercedes on Instagram at styleitwithtrix.
- Topshop Quilted Faux-Leather Biker, $50
- L’Agence Elysee Flare, $108
- H&M Cotton T-shirt, $10
- Christian Louboutin So Kate Leather Point-Toe Pumps, $675
- Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté Shine Oil-In-Stick Lipstick, $37
- Superga Slip On Sneaker, $80
- Mercedes Salazar Aretes Fiesta Earrings, $215
- Madewell Flea Market Flare Overalls, $158
- Charlotte Russe Structured Cape Blazer, $35
- Rebecca Minkoff Geo Love Crossbody Bag, $295
- Brittany Wallace of The Britt Kit
- Ashley Kane of Brunch on Chestnut
- Adelina Perrin of The Charming Olive
More ‘Blogger Spotlight’
- Talking Top Tens: Nahema MehtaBrewed between Belgium, Kenya, and Switzerland, Nahema is the consummate interdisciplnarian, successfully merging her background in business, luxury, and entrepreneurship. She is the Founder and CEO of Art Remba, a subscription platform designed to democratize access to the art world by allowing you to borrow and invest-to-own art from top galleries at accessible monthly rates. Follow Art Remba on Twitter and Facebook.
- Talking Top Tens: Lindsay EllingsonThe quintessential California girl, Lindsay Ellingson, was born the middle of three daughters in a close-knit family not far from Palm Springs. Her lifelong love of science led her to the University of California San Diego, where she had planned to study biology. However, shortly after her arrival, fate intervened when a scout suggested she try modeling and head to Paris, where her first appointment was with legendary designer John Galliano, who promptly cast her in her first ever modeling job: the opening slot of his Christian Dior show. Since that fortuitous moment, Lindsay’s career has been on a trajectory she could have never imagined. Lindsay is now co-founder and creative director of Wander Beauty, a multi-tasking makeup essentials brand designed for style-savvy women craving luxurious products that seamlessly suits their on-the-go lifestyles. For more about Lindsay and Wander Beauty, follow them on Instagram @lindsellingson and @wander_beauty.
- Popular This Week:Calvin Klein Ultra Bare Infinite Sheer Control Top Pantyhose