Meet Mercedes Gonzalez, the creator of Style It with Trix, a fashion and lifestyle blog. In addition to being a full-time blogger, Mercedes is a Fashion Business Management student at the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) in New York City. Mercedes launched her blog in late March of 2016. What began as a simple (and adorable) post of Trixie, her teacup Chihuahua, with Mercedes in matching outfits evolved into a full-time commitment and an exhilarating experience. For years, Mercedes enjoyed styling herself and Trixie, but never thought to sync both of their styles together. Creating a blog that merged her obsession with fashion and love of dogs into one outlet followed naturally. "I don’t have one distinct, everyday style, but instead, I prefer to allow my style to constantly change, mirroring a world of fashion which is always in flux." Shop Merecedes’ current top picks below. For even more style inspiration, follow Mercedes on Instagram at styleitwithtrix.
- Topshop Quilted Faux-Leather Biker, $50
- L’Agence Elysee Flare, $108
- H&M Cotton T-shirt, $10
- Christian Louboutin So Kate Leather Point-Toe Pumps, $675
- Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté Shine Oil-In-Stick Lipstick, $37
- Superga Slip On Sneaker, $80
- Mercedes Salazar Aretes Fiesta Earrings, $215
- Madewell Flea Market Flare Overalls, $158
- Charlotte Russe Structured Cape Blazer, $35
- Rebecca Minkoff Geo Love Crossbody Bag, $295
- Brittany Wallace of The Britt Kit
- Ashley Kane of Brunch on Chestnut
- Adelina Perrin of The Charming Olive
More ‘Blogger Spotlight’
- Talking Top Tens: Ali GalganoAli Galgano is the founder and CEO of Charm & Chain, an online destination for designer fashion jewelry. A certified gemologist and lifelong lover of jewels, Ali launched the site in 2008 with a mission to provide access to stylish, well-made, and affordable designer jewelry on the Internet. Charm & Chain now carries over 50 established and emerging designers and has solidified itself as one of the web’s premier shopping destinations. Since inception, Charm & Chain has been named “Best of the Web” by InStyle, Town & Country, and DailyCandy. Follow Charm & Chain on Instagram and Twitter.
- Talking Top Tens: Katie KimeKatie Kime is the CEO and creative director of Katie Kime, Inc. At age seven she was making clay pots and has been creating in some form or fashion ever since. She is the designer and driver behind the company’s 10+ lines of home and fashion goods, including furniture, fabric, lucite, accessories and apparel, among others. Beyond design, Katie is passionate about entrepreneurship, travel, and merging the two whenever the opportunity presents itself. You can follow Katie on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Popular This Week:Maidenform Skinny Sheers