Meet Mercedes Gonzalez, the creator of Style It with Trix, a fashion and lifestyle blog. In addition to being a full-time blogger, Mercedes is a Fashion Business Management student at the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) in New York City. Mercedes launched her blog in late March of 2016. What began as a simple (and adorable) post of Trixie, her teacup Chihuahua, with Mercedes in matching outfits evolved into a full-time commitment and an exhilarating experience. For years, Mercedes enjoyed styling herself and Trixie, but never thought to sync both of their styles together. Creating a blog that merged her obsession with fashion and love of dogs into one outlet followed naturally. "I don’t have one distinct, everyday style, but instead, I prefer to allow my style to constantly change, mirroring a world of fashion which is always in flux." Shop Merecedes’ current top picks below. For even more style inspiration, follow Mercedes on Instagram at styleitwithtrix.
- Topshop Quilted Faux-Leather Biker, $50
- L’Agence Elysee Flare, $108
- H&M Cotton T-shirt, $10
- Christian Louboutin So Kate Leather Point-Toe Pumps, $675
- Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté Shine Oil-In-Stick Lipstick, $37
- Superga Slip On Sneaker, $80
- Mercedes Salazar Aretes Fiesta Earrings, $215
- Madewell Flea Market Flare Overalls, $158
- Charlotte Russe Structured Cape Blazer, $35
- Rebecca Minkoff Geo Love Crossbody Bag, $295
- Ashley Kane of Brunch on Chestnut
- Adelina Perrin of The Charming Olive
- Brooke Christen of Nesting with Grace
More ‘Blogger Spotlight’
- Talking Top Tens: Lilliana VazquezLilliana is one of the most sought after personalities in the industry, acting as: host, influencer, expert, producer, and style advisor to the biggest names in entertainment, both on-air and on-line. She has quickly become one of the most watched, multifaceted talents thanks to her signature brand of approachability and her unique ability to capture an audience’s attention. As the founder and creative force behind TheLVGuide.com, Vazquez and her team of tastemakers share the best shopping, trends, and inspiration to help you live your most stylish life, effortlessly. Vazquez is a Texas girl and a proud Latina. She currently resides in New York City and can be seen regularly on NBC’s TODAY Show. Keep up with Lilliana on her site, and follow her on Instagram as @lillianavazquez of @thelvguide.
- Talking Top Tens: Denise LeeDenise’s big “Aha!” moment came in early 2012, when she was training for her first triathlon and, even for the expert shopper that she was, could not find an activewear brand that offered the effortless, cool style of the contemporary designers she loved. In November of that year, she left her job at a retail brand incubator in New York to build Alala into the activewear brand she had been searching for, and hasn’t looked back since. Denise hails from the sunny island of Singapore, received a double degree from Northwestern University, and holds an MBA from the NYU Stern School of Business. To find out more about Alala, check out their Instagram account here.
- Popular This Week:Falke Control Top Silhouette Tights