Meet Tonya Smith, a fashion blogger and student living in Portland, OR. Her love for The Beatles and messy hair earned her the nickname, The Moptop. From a young age, Tonya has always been inspired by 60s era fashion—a trend you will notice in her blog, styling, and product picks. However, growing up she was a tomboy and played many sports, bringing a subtle masculine influence to her look as well. When asked to define style, Tonya explains, "style is subjective and whatever you want it to be." Shop Tonya’s ten essentials for the current season below and don’t forget to follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
- Frame Le Crop Mini Boot, $219
- Reformation Bria Dress, $248
- Vans Canvas Old Skool, $60
- Frame Victorian Button Up Blouse, $265
- Jeffrey Campbell Farrow in Rust Suede, $80
- Comme des Garçons Play Black Heart Play T-Shirt, $103
- RE/DONE High Rise Jeans, $264
- Top Shop Slim Fit Boyfriend Coat, $110
- Urban Outfitters Alpha Industries Slim-Fit Bomber Jacket, $119
- Primecut Black + White Cowhide Backpack, $250
- Brittany Wallace of The Britt Kit
- Ashley Kane of Brunch on Chestnut
- Adelina Perrin of The Charming Olive
More ‘Blogger Spotlight’
- Talking Top Tens: Laura BronnerLaura Bronner is the co-founder of Gloss48 – a daily dose of the best indie beauty products to discover and shop. Prior to revolutionizing online beauty, Laura developed upscale nail and waxing concepts at MiniLuxe (Boston), Nail Bar (Chicago), and Trim (Chicago). A big fan of women entrepreneurs, Laura holds an MBA from Kellogg School of Management and a BA from Duke University. She is an avid Duke Basketball fan, mom to a ruggedly-handsome, loud-mouthed boy named Owen, peanut butter connoisseur, and runner (so that she can eat more peanut butter). And, while you’re here, want to make 2015 your glowiest year yet? We’ve partnered with BeautyBooked and Gloss48 to giveaway $200 in products and salon & spa services. Enter here for a chance to win!
- Talking Top Tens: Maria PeeveyMaria Peevey, a savvy entrepreneur, brand leader and industry disruptor is the Founder and CEO of The Reset—a digital homebase for a new generation of women who are choosing to do things differently. Fusing content, community, and commerce, The Reset fills a void for an authentic, inspiring, and relevant place for real women, by real women. It provides a fresh take on what modern life means, looks and feels like for the woman-in-progress. Maria recognized there was a void in the market for a brand that spoke a different kind of narrative. In a mainstream culture that focuses on millennials, The Reset is a destination that rejects old stereotypes and celebrates our life resets big and small. At the core of The Reset is the message that at any moment there is an opportunity for a reset. A refresh on life. Discover more from Maira by shopping The Reset’s line of wearable wardrobe essentials, R Label, following The Reset on Instagram, and scrolling through Maria’s top ten essentials.
- Popular This Week:HUE So Silky Sheer Control Top Tights