Born and raised in Arizona, Amber was one of 4 children (3 of which were girls). Being the oldest daughter, Amber and her sisters always enjoyed doing each other’s hair. Learning to do hair at an early age, would later come to benefit Amber when she decided to go to hair school in 2010. It was also in 2010 that Amber started her blog, Barefoot Blonde. It wasn’t until Amber landed her first big campaign, a TRESemme campaign, in 2013 that she realized she had the potential to turn her hobby into a career. November 2016, Amber made an addition to her beauty empire, launching her new line of premium clip-in hair extensions, Barefoot Blonde Hair. Within 72 hours of the pre-sale, Barefoot Blonde Hair was sold out. Since launching, Barefoot Blonde has become a premier destination for healthy living, beauty, fashion, travel, and hair DIY. Get to know Amber and her brand by following her in Instagram, Facebook.
- Barefoot Blonde Platinum Status: "I don’t leave without these in!", $194
- SkinCeuticals Triple Lipid Restore: "Its medical-spa recommended so I had to give it a try. Its so good!", $120
- MAC Custom Palette: "Mine includes a highlighter, cream blush, eyebrow shadow, concealer, and 4 eyeshadows. Since I got it I have used it EVERY single day!", $65
- bareMinerals Gen Nude Matte Liquid Lipcolor in Boss: "This color is always in my purse and it looks good with almost any outfit!", $18
- Bumble and Bumble Surf Foam Spray Blow Dry: "I use this to scrunch my hair. It holds ALL day!", $17
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Cleansing Pads: "By far the best makeup wipes I have used.", $5
- eos Smooth Lip Balm Sphere Blueberry Acai: "I like to put a little on my lips before applying liquid matte lipsticks", $4
- Wet Brush The Original Detangler: "A great brush to use on hair extensions", $8
- Sephora Collection Classic Mini Multitasker Brush: "It works well with blush, powder, and bronzer so it’s a good brush to have in your purse.", $14
- Conair Blonde Bobby Pins: "I also always have a little bag with clear elastics and bobby pins on me.", $7
- Jennifer Worman of Red Soles and Red Wine
- Janna Doan of jannadoan.com
- Kathleen Ensign of KatWalkSF
More ‘Blogger Spotlight’
- Talking Top Tens: Alison CayneWhile working towards a master’s in food studies at NYU, Alison Cayne became inspired by activist and teacher Joan Gussow. Alison focused her efforts on educating people about the importance of a healthy food system and our role as consumers, voters and cooks within that system. In January 2012, she opened Haven’s Kitchen, a cooking school with café and private event space, with the hopes of advancing Gussow’s ethos of education, sustainability and integrity. Alison is committed to promoting good food policy and community activism and serves on the board of Edible Schoolyard NYC, Just Food and Food and Environmental Reporting Network. She has written for Huffington Post, USA Today and Find Eat Drink, and has been featured in publications such as The New York Times, Vogue, Domino, Remodelista and Living Etc.
- Talking Top Tens: Olivia LukoOlivia is the founder and CEO of Hats by Olivia, a brand dedicated to making fashion-forward hats and accessories. This year, Olivia transitioned Hats by Olivia from side hustle to full time career. When she is not working on growing her brand she is on a lifetime search for the world’s best beaches. Olivia lives in Dallas, Texas with Poppy, her recently adopted poodle. Check out Olivia’s hats on her website and follow her on Instagram for more beach inspiration or shopping temptation.
- Popular This Week:Wolford Individual 10 Control Top Tights