Born and raised in the coastal New England town of Newport, RI, Jessica Ann Kirby grew up a beach-loving tomboy. After studying journalism and women’s studies in college, she worked in HR consulting for 5 years living in Los Angeles and New York City. Jess and her partner Craig decided to leave their 9-5 jobs and move back to Newport in late 2013 and JESSANNKIRBY.COM (formerly proseccoandplaid.com) was born. Combining Jess’s love for fashion, travel and the great outdoors with Craig’s thirst for adventure and stunning photography they created a destination for readers around the world to be inspired. Jess and Craig live in Newport with their two rescue pets Nora and Hunter. Be sure to follow Jess on Instagram, Pinterest, and her blog for daily updates and inspiration.
- Onia Fish One-Piece Swimsuit, $120
- Levi’s 501 Waveline Frayed Denim Shorts, $59
- Quay Private Eyes, $59
- Brixton Joanna Straw Hat, $44
- Hat Attack Sunshine Clutch, $94
- Velvet by Graham & Spencer Alyss Button Down, $107
- Loveshackfancy Edie Lace-Paneled Maxi Dress, $295
- Coola Suncare White Tea Sport Face Moisturizer, $32
- Sam Edelman Sheri Sandals, $120
- Reiss Savona Metallic V-Neck Jumper, $125
- Brittany Wallace of The Britt Kit
- Ashley Kane of Brunch on Chestnut
- Adelina Perrin of The Charming Olive
More ‘Blogger Spotlight’
- Talking Top Tens: Janet CrowtherJanet Crowther is the Founder and CEO of For the Makers, an online destination for DIY supplies, tutorials and inspiration. Based in Brooklyn, For the Makers sends customized DIY projects to customers all over the country. Starting her career as a jewelry designer, Janet’s work has been on the pages of almost every major fashion publication. By working with companies like Kate Spade, Alexis Bittar, and Marc Jacobs, she learned the ins and outs of finding the prettiest, highest-quality materials from every corner of the world. Her first book, "Make a Statement: 25 Handcrafted Jewelry & Accessory Projects," hits bookstores in spring 2015. Follow For the Makers on Instagram and Facebook, and Janet on Twitter and Instagram.
- Talking Top Tens: Dorie S. & Emelyn N.Dorie Golkin Smith and Emelyn Northway are the co-founders of Of Mercer, a contemporary women’s workwear brand of fashionable but office-appropriate apparel for the desk-to-dinner lifestyle. The pair started Of Mercer while attending Wharton Business School and bonding over a shared frustration of finding great work clothes in their previous jobs—Dorie in consulting and Emelyn in private equity. The two believe women shouldn’t have to sacrifice quality for price or style for an office dress code. By selling their designer-quality, NYC-made clothing directly through their website, they (and their customers) avoid those hefty retailer markups. Since its launch in 2013, Of Mercer has been featured in Forbes, Refinery29, People Stylewatch, and InStyle. Follow Of Mercer on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Popular This Week:Donna Karan The Nudes Toeless Pantyhose